Legal support and advice
Clinks has partnered with Russell Cooke solicitors to offer Clinks members free legal support. This member benefit is designed to support smaller voluntary sector organisations, with an income of less than £3 million per year.
The support covers a range of areas, including governance issues such as...
- collaboration agreements (including advice on consortia and mergers)
- reviewing your organisation’s objects and governing document
- conflicts of interest management
- company and charity law and charity regulation
- legal structures and incorporations
- intellectual property matter including trademarks
- data protection
- HR and employment advice
- property advice.
To be eligible you must…
- be a voluntary sector organisation
- be a Clinks member. Find out more about membership here
- be carrying out work with people in the Criminal Justice System or their families
- have an annual turnover of less than £3 million
- commit to working with Russell Cooke solicitors
- provide feedback to Clinks on your experience.
How to apply
To access the legal support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3826 7536. Applications will be assessed individually based on whether they fit into the above criteria, whether our partners feel they can offer the requested support and an assessment of the urgency of the legal support requested.